Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Changes

It's been way to long since my last post! There has been quite a few changes on the bunny front. I no longer have Manny-quinn, he just wasn't fitting in with Chester. I gave him to a family who was looking for just one rabbit. from what I heard he's doing very well!! I now have Annabelle Lee, named after Edgar Allen Poe's Poem, Annabelle Lee. The poem was also quoted in one of my favorite movies, Play Misty For Me starring Clint Eastwood. one of the earliest stalker films I highly recommend it! Two thumbs up. So that got me thinking, of course without telling my wife who would have gave me a flat out NO!!! The next day at work I decided if she was still there I would buy her and she was so I did.
I met her at the same pet store where I got Chester, The WildSide Tropical Fish & Exotic Pets in Tacoma off of 112th and Canyon Road. Anywho I saw her there while buying crickets with my wife for her Bearded Dragon, but that is a whole different subject. I asked about her and was told she was a spayed female who came in with I think another rabbit.
Annabelle Lee stretching out
Having a snack together
I introduced her to Chester and I'll tell you what if he could have spoke to me he would have said "Thanks Dad" love at first sight! I had to make their home bigger so I just combined two cages so that they would have plenty of room for stretching out and such. Their courtship was very quick they took to each other right away. She's still a little timid but she's coming around very well. I would love to hear from others with their bunny bonding stories, like how they did it, what sort of things did they do to make the bonding go easy.

1 comment:

  1. We are cat people, but we always enjoy looking at the bunnies when we go to the fair.

    ReplyDelete